Safety & Security
Our resident's safety and security in college housing are vital to us. The Housing & Residence Life Department and the Campus Safety Department in partnership provide a safe and healthy living and learning environment.
Every student and community member has a role to play in keeping our community safe. The college uses individual student email accounts, LC Alerts, and the Louisburg College website to provide emergency communication to students, staff, and faculty.
Security Tips for the Residence Halls
Here are some steps students can take to maximize safety:
- Always lock your door! A locked door is critical and assures that unauthorized individuals do not enter your room.
- Check to see who is at your door before opening it. Do not open the door without looking first.
- Never prop open residence hall doors. It is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Do not let unfamiliar people follow you into a residence hall - known as tailgating. No one should follow you in the residence hall without using their Hurricane ID card.
- The Student Code of Conduct requires students to escort all guests.
- Know where to go for help, such as a Community Hall Director, Assistant Community Hall Director, or Campus Safety.
- Do not post your personal information on online social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Do not share your address or cell phone number, and carefully select other personal information when sharing. Be selective about what you share on social media.
Residence Hall Security Measures
- The college keeps all doors leading to residence hall rooms locked 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Access to these areas requires a Hurricane ID Card.
- The college keeps all front doors of the residence halls locked 24 hours a day, seven days a week. These are the only doors that the college permits residents to use throughout the year. Throughout the residence halls, the other exterior fire doors are alarmed and monitored by security cameras.
- All of the residence halls’ lobbies and doorways used to gain entrance into the residential areas have security cameras.
The messaging system allows Louisburg College to inform you when there are emergencies on or near campus or changes to the operational status of the College. It utilizies both email accounts and phones ot distribute timely emergency notifications.
Visit the LC Alerts page for more information.