Textbook Rental Program
The cost of textbooks is included in tuition costs, as Louisburg College utilizes a rental program. The college checks them out to students at the beginning of each semester, and they are due back to the Canes Store no later than the last day of exams in that semester.
Students should not leave their textbooks in the hall, classroom, dorm room, with another student, or with a staff member. They must return them to the Cane Store themselves. The college is not responsible for books and keys not returned to the Canes Store and checked back in by store staff.
If students do not return their textbooks by the last day of exams, the business office will charge the replacement cost to their account.
Textbook Rental Agreement
Students are required to sign our Textbook Rental Agreement form to ensure they understand the proper procedures and protocols of our textbook rental program. Please visit the Canes Store to sign the document.
Textbook Return Charge Policy
- If you return your books by the due date, the college will not charge you for your textbooks.
- If you return your books 1-30 days late, the college will charge your account a fine equal to 25% of the books’ retail price for restocking.
- If you return your books 31-60 days late, we will charge your account a fine equal to 50% of the books’ retail price for restocking.
- If you return your books 61-90 days late, we will charge your account a fine equal to 75% of the books’ retail price for restocking.
- After 90 days, we will charge your account 100% of the retail price, and you waive any future rights to have the book charges reversed on your account.