Welcome to the Louisburg College Environmental Communications Webpage!
Louisburg College recognizes and accepts its responsibility to be a good steward of the environment. In support of these responsibilities Louisburg College has established the following objectives:
- Maintain Conditional Exempt Small Quantity Generator /CESQG Status. Compliance to all applicable CESQG state, federal and local legal requirements with a goal of beyond compliance wherever practical and possible
- Reduce the rate at which we contribute to the depletion and degradation of natural resources
- Lower the consumption of utilities (electric and water) where opportunities arise
- Adopt an Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Policy wherever practical and possible
- Promote reducing waste in the following order: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Promote Environmental Management System / EMS awareness and a basic understanding of environmental issues among faculty, staff, students and the community.
What is an EMS?
An Environmental Management System (EMS) is an integrated, organized set of policies and procedures under which the College can remain compliant with applicable environmental regulations, and in addition, manage and lessen our impacts on the environment, thereby improving the Colleges’ overall environmental performance. The EMS elements referenced here will change as needed to improve consistency and conformity with standards within the College Environmental Policy. The creation of an environmental policy is the starting point for any EMS. Without it and the commitment of upper management, there is no force behind an EMS.
(Submit Suggestions Here) and through department chairs and supervisors.
Environmental Training Reference