MADE (Men’s Achievement, Development, & Enrichment) to LEAD (Ladies Enrichment, Achievement & Development) is a living learning community designed for first-year collegiate men and women who express an interest in exploring their leadership skills through the intersection of identity development, current trends, and campus involvement. The MADE to LEAD LLC will provide opportunities that will enable students to practice personal responsibility, think critically, advocate for themselves, engage beyond the classroom, and plan for their futures. As a part of membership in the MADE to LEAD LLC, students will be a member of an Emerging Leaders cohort.
- Students must complete a MADE to LEAD application form and have a minimum high school GPA of 2.0.
- Students must participate and complete the Emerging Leaders Program during the fall semester.
- Students must participate in at least two activities per semester (four per year) that will focus on leadership development and individual growth. Events will vary from year to year and include on and off campus opportunities.
- Students must complete a leadership portfolio and present during a planned showcase at the end of the year.
Students will be housed in Kenan (women) and Merritt (men).
- Develop leadership skills through the cultivation of personal traits, experiences, knowledge, resources, and opportunities.
- Demonstrate leadership capacity through campus programming and leadership positions in campus organizations.
- Analyze social and cultural issues for a multi-dimensional understanding and response.
- Connect and network with faculty and staff, as well as with community leaders.
- Transportation to and from events to explore out of class experiences at various locations (all expenses paid including any attendance or meal costs)
- Free MADE to LEAD apparel.