Employment Information and Opportunities at Louisburg College
Are you a good fit for Louisburg? Read over our vision and mission statements below to see, then explore our current employment
Louisburg College will be the model church-related college that prepares students for life and service.
Related by faith to The United Methodist Church, Louisburg College is committed to offering a supportive community which
nurtures young men and women intellectually, culturally, socially, physically, and spiritually. As a two-year
residential institution, we provide a bridge for students to make a successful transition from high school to senior
colleges and universities.
We approach our mission with integrity.
We respect the dignity of each individual.
We embrace diverse learning styles.
We offer opportunities for all of our students to succeed.
We provide a high quality, accessible education.
We enable and challenge our students to reach their full growth potential.
We value our Christian heritage and foster spiritual growth.
Working at Louisburg College
Louisburg College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications of all qualified individuals. It is the policy and
practice of the College to provide equal opportunity to all persons. The College does not discriminate against its employees or
applicants for employment because of race, color, national origin, age (as defined by the Age Discrimination in Employment
Act), religion, sex, disability, veteran's status or sexual orientation. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment
relationship including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, advancement, compensation, benefits, transfer, and
POSITION TITLE: Financial Aid Counselor
Reports To: Director of Financial Aid
Department: Financial Services
The Financial Aid Counselor is a customer service-driven professional position. The Counselor provides counseling services to
students and parents regarding the application process for obtaining federal, state, private, and institutional sources of financial
assistance. The Counselor monitors individual student eligibility for aid awarded under specific programs and regulations, verifying
the accuracy of information submitted by students on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), certifying the eligibility
and processing of funds for federal and private loan programs, providing assistance in identifying all sources of financial assistance
for which a student may qualify in order to continue enrollment, and communicating with students with respect to issues or conditions
that may have a negative effect on their continued eligibility to receive financial assistance. The position will require assisting
the Director in reporting related to Federal and state aid programs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and track required information into Comprehensive Academic Management System (CAMS).
- Evaluate student aid applications in compliance with eligibility requirements stated in federal, state and institutional regulations.
- Determine student academic eligibility for assistance by applying standards of progress requirements in accordance with federal and
state regulations and university degree program requirements.
- Determine when necessary, with proper documentation to support, the changing of a student's dependency status and level of financial
need as deemed justifiable by the evaluator.
- Disburse scholarship funds in accordance with donor requirements and federal regulations.
- Resolve any inconsistent data on student aid applications and verification documents in compliance with Federal Student Aid
- Responsible for timely certifying eligibility of federal loan applications for students and parents.
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal and state regulations as they pertain to the processing of Federal Stafford and PLUS loan
- Transmit electronically, Federal Stafford and PLUS data via currently used software programs using the internet and file transfer
protocols. Requires understanding of computer file maintenance and downloading operations.
- Resolve any loan application processing problems with, lending institutions, or loan servicers.
- Completing lender requests for collection assistance to assist with default prevention.
- Help students and parents through all aspects of loan application and disbursement.
- Maintain a working knowledge of each different lender requirements for certification and student eligibility as they pertain to
the processing of private loan applications. Specific requirements for special state loan programs.
- Act as a liaison between students and lenders to resolve issues regarding certification and disbursement.
- Assist with monitoring and status of student loan funds received.
- Assist in loan debt counseling as needed.
- Maintenance of Policies & Procedures Manual for the Office of Financial Aid.
- Generate Missing Information Letters.
- Coordinate all packaging routines (Ability to package both manually and with CAMS).
- Administer Federal Work Study Program.
- Supervise office work study workers.
- Assist organizations on campus with workshops, events, regarding financial aid.
- Preparation for FAFSA week on the campus of Louisburg College.
- Provide counseling duties in peak processing times and during staff absences.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions for students and/or parents either by appointment, phone, or on a drop in basis.
- Troubleshoot student, parent and institutional inquiries.
- Participation in financial aid functions and meetings.
- Review and management of website ensuring that it is up to date and in working order; including all forms, documents and other
- Maintain list of federal, state and institutional programs on website and consumer related pieces.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
Skills and Abilities:
- High level of competency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Demonstrated comfort with using technology in an office setting.
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively by phone and email.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to deal effectively with staff, the public, various government entities and the
- Builds positive relationships with faculty and staff across all College departments, and shows a commitment to collegiality,
mutual respect, supportiveness and inclusiveness. Acts in a fair, flexible, honest and ethical manner at all times.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Balances the need to make timely actions while seeking input from
appropriate individuals. Fosters open communication, acceptance and appreciation of others opinions and thoughts.
- Commitment to quality service and customer service to faculty, staff, students and other College constituents. Experience in
developing strong and effective process improvements goals and metrics for optimal results.
- A passionate commitment to the mission of the College.
- Associate's degree and 2 years' experience in Financial Aid Office or counseling/student personnel; or a combination of education and
Preferred Hiring Qualifications: In addition to meeting the minimum hiring standards, preference may be
given to those who meet the following:
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years' experience in Financial Aid office.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State regulations for Federal and State Financial aid programs including Federal Work Study
Application Instructions: Interested qualified applicants, please send resume and cover letter by email
with Job Code 1102 in the subject line to email@example.com
Back to Top
POSITION TITLE: Head Football Coach
Louisburg Junior College invites applications for this full-time eleven month position.
Responsibilities include planning and organizing all aspects of the football program, including recruiting and scheduling. Candidates
must have strong organizational abilities, leadership skills and a commitment to improve the academic outcomes of the players admitted
into the football program. This position will have other duties as assigned within the athletic department. Master's degree preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Letter of application, resume and references with phone numbers should be emailed to: Mike Holloman, Athletics Director,
Louisburg College is an equal opportunity employer. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Back to Top
POSITION TITLE: Coordinator of Student Engagement - Multicultural Education & Student
Division: Student Life
Reports To: Associate Dean of Students
Benefits: Comprehensive health insurance plan (dental and vision optional), retirement plan, life insurance,
professional development opportunities.
Qualifications: Master's degree required and previous experience in Student Activities/campus engagement is
desirable. The ideal candidate must want to influence the lives of young students at a small, two-year private college.
- Work with the Associate Dean of Students to implement social and educational programming
- Oversee the Student Government Association:
- Serve as Advisor
- Provide budget oversight
- Develop leadership growth opportunities for officers
- Promote SGA among the student body
- Oversee all aspects of the intramural programs and events:
- Maintain budget
- Select, train, and supervise student referees
- Manage the fitness center and maintain exercise equipment
- Maintain inventory of equipment/furniture for intramurals and The Eye
- Select, train, and supervise Student Center work study students
- Oversee all aspects of multicultural education:
- Chair the Glendora Powell Diversity Lecture Series Committee and plan and implement lectures and workshops
- Plan the semi-annual Diversity Retreat
- Lead the implementation of the Horizons Mentor Program
- Oversee all aspects of the student leadership program:
- Oversee the implementation of LeaderTrip, a series of student leadership workshops
- Oversee registration process and training for all clubs and organizations
- Serve as main contact for all clubs and organization leaders and advisors
- Oversee and drive the student break shuttle to bus station, train station, and airport
- Work with Housing and Residence Life to manage and maintain the Student Leader Resource Room
- Represent Student Life on appropriate committees and participate in planning sessions for Student Life areas.
- Other duties as assigned
To Apply: Send Resume, Cover Letter, and at least 3 professional references to Adam Wade, Associate Dean
of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Top
POSITION TITLE: Community Director
DIVISION: Student Life
REPORTS TO: Director of Residence Life
TERM: 12-month live-on appointment
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree and two years experience in Residence Life is
desirable. The ideal candidate must want to influence the lives of young students at a small, two-year private college
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: To coordinate and assist in the management of the first and second year student
housing units along with the supervision of Resident Assistant Staff, Desk Attendant Staff, and serve as a live-in Community Director
in an assigned residence hall.
The primary duties of the Community Director include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, administer and develop the following areas:
Provide immediate on-call coverage and respond to emergency situations while participating in a rotating on-duty schedule. Assist
in student behavioral problems and roommate conflict interventions and mediation, particularly in your supervised building.
Assist in the execution, determination and assessment of damages and charge-backs to the residents of your building.
Assist and coordinate the process for resident room/suite inventories, check-in & check-out, during building openings and closing
for your building. In addition, manage the residence hall by completing operations functions such as occupancy checks, multiple
inventories, damage rounds, tracking maintenance and custodial requests as well as completing fire drills.
Assist in the development and implementation of programming as it pertains to the Residence Life Programming Model.
Serve as the live-in Community Director for residence hall & supervise a staff of Resident Assistants & Desk Attendants.
Assist in the development and implementation of RLC within your residence hall.
Assist in the discipline process, primarily in your residence hall, while offering secondary support to all residence halls &
Serve as hearing officer for minor alcohol and drug violations through the Office of Student Conduct as well as to be available
for parental consultation regarding the student's behavior and activities in campus life.
Serve as a liaison between the Office of Student Life and faculty to improved student retention, class attendance and grades.
Maintain daily office hours during business hours. The times of the hours will rotate on a weekly/monthly basis so as to provide
coverage in the office. There will be a minimum of one hour per week at night to be designated as an office hour in the
Become involved with College committees and Residence Life committee work.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Resident Assistant selection & training
- Policy & procedural manual for Resident Assistant Staff
- Supervision of Desk Attendant Staff
- Mentoring relationships for Residents Assistants, first and second year residents
- Implement RLC
- Orientations, camps & conferences
- Residence hall management
- Would have direct supervisory responsibilities for Resident Assistants
- Would have input on hiring, evaluating or firing of Resident Assistants & Desk Attendants
- Contact with the public would be limited except for and mostly with parents and/or surrounding neighbors of the College
- Budgeting responsibilities would be limited to programming monies for building responsibilities.
- Contact would include the VP of Student Live, Associate Dean, Director of Residence Life, Maintenance, Housekeeping & Campus
BACKGROUND and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Two years of experience in residence life, post graduate
- Valid driver's license
- The ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs
- The ability to climb stairs
WORKING CONDITIONS and ENVIRONMENT:
- On-call responsibilities of 24/7 on a rotating basis
- Late night and weekend responsibilities
- Ability to handle difficult environments and situations
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume & three professional references to:
Director of Housing & Residence Life
Back to Top
POSITION TITLE: Campus Police Officer
Louisburg College, the oldest, private, church-related, residential two-year college in the nation, located approximately 30 minutes North of Raleigh North Carolina is currently
seeking applications for the position of Full-time Campus Police Officer. Responsibilities will include foot and vehicular patrols while performing the typical duties of a municipal
police officer on a small, private, residential college campus. This position also entails a number of security related functions. Other miscellaneous duties may be assigned as
directed by the Chief of Campus Police.
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED required. Some college is preferred. Campus law enforcement experience is preferred, but not necessary. Chosen
applicants must be at least 20 years of age with a satisfactory criminal and driving history. Chosen applicants must be able to obtain a police commission from the North Carolina
North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) certification or is required at the time of hire!
Salary: $26,000 per year
Benefits: TIAA-CREF 503(b) retirement plan and a comprehensive Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical plan.
Free college-level classes for employee and his/her dependent children
All interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume that includes five references.
Email resume to: email@example.com
Hand deliver resume to Louisburg College Campus Police Department, Davis Hall, Room 100.
Mail to: Louisburg College
Attention: Chief of Campus Police
501 North Main Street
Louisburg NC 27549
Call Patrol Supervisor Vicki Reid at 919-729-4407 with any questions.
Back to Top