NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 2
HOURS NEEDED: 6 hours per week per Student
DUTIES: 1) Follows FERPA regulations and privacy practices in the operation and servicing of the Registrar's office;
Reads and understands FERPA regulations and privacy practices & Student Records and Retention Policy
2) Maintains Student files, including ensuring correct filing order for all retained documents and records and applying appropriate indexing criteria to documents
3) Conducts research and locates documents and records; receives, researches and responds to requests for information and records requests; reviews requests for record releases; pulls, copies and re-files documents; receives and processes transcripts; data entry; scanning and shredding files; and mailing and creating letters
4) Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, providing information and handling issues that may require sensitivity and the use of sound independent judgment; conducts research, responds to requests for information, refers the request or complaint to appropriate staff and/or takes or recommends action to resolve the issue; greets and directs visitors
5) Provides high-quality filing requirements in a timely, and efficient manner; receives, assesses and ensures clear understanding of incoming and in progress confidential document requests and contacts customer to obtain further information; prioritizes and schedules appropriate time to complete work within agreed upon timeframes
6) Maintains positive professional relationships with interdepartmental staff, students and faculty. As assigned, may assist other departmental administrative and management personnel in performing administrative support functions; Attends to a variety of office administrative details; files, faxes and e-mail documents; routes and distributes department mail.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: 1. Operate a personal computer with standard business software, including MS Office word
and Excel, but not required
2. Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality of Student Records
4. Excellent customer Service Skills, positive attitude, courtesy and the ability to professionally communicate and maintain effective professional relationships with many diverse constituent groups including prospective students, current students, alumni, faculty, administration, families, other visitors, team members and staff.
5. Must have high degree of accuracy with data entry
6. Ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines
7. Punctuality and Professional Business Casual Dress attire
EXPERIENCE NEEDED: Operating a personal computer